Monday, February 19, 2007

Hard Knock Life (Cherry Coke Anthem)

I have to say, thank God someone is finally paying attention to Cherry Coke! Crazy fact: Coca-Cola spent only $100,000 on the brand over six years and zero dollars on it last year. That is a serious effort to get people not to drink Cherry Coke, and I'm sorry Coca-Cola, but your plan did not work on me. I guzzle the stuff by the can.
Upon tearing open a new 12-pack of Cherry Coke, I was surprised to discover the cans have a new design. I like the previous design quite well, as it was 10x better than the awful, awful (awful) "grunge-ified red-and-black American designs during the '90s." What is news, however, is that the new can's designer is Jay-Z! Surprising. Overall, I like it, which is more than I can say about most redesigns these days. More branding details are here: Cherry Coke Gets Fresh Jay-Z Remix

No comments: