Thursday, May 04, 2006

'Urine' for something

At first glance, the show appears all silliness and satire. Set in a world where people must pay to use the bathroom, the musical features arch characters, star-crossed lovers right out of "Romeo and Juliet" and a score that goes out of its way to spoof such landmark musicals as "Sweeney Todd," "Chicago" and "Fiddler on the Roof." Even the title carries a pun.
As with his preview article for Over the River and Through the Woods, I disagree with most of what Brian McCoy presents as fact (the excerpted paragraph above is one of the few parts written I consider accurate). And I'm not completely sure why all the photos on the Record's web site are so washed out. But if you click on the image to enlarge it and squint real hard, you can see me in the upper left corner (some of my fellow actors are actually behind the sign).

No comments: