Sunday, April 17, 2005

Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails has posted the actual multi-track audio session for "The Hand That Feeds" in GarageBand format at nin.com. Although he says the 70MB download requires GarageBand 2, I've heard it also works in GarageBand 1. In his own words:

For quite some time I've been interested in the idea of allowing you the ability to tinker around with my tracks - to create remixes, experiment, embellish or destroy what's there. I tried a few years ago to do this in shockwave with very limited results. After spending some quality time sitting in hotel rooms on a press tour, it dawned on me that the technology now exists and is already in the hands of some of you. I got to work experimenting and came up with something I think you'll enjoy.

Change the tempo. Add new loops. Chop up the vocals. Turn me into a woman. Replay the guitar. Anything you'd like.
I'm not well-versed enough in the program to do any of those things, but I still had a little fun. Get it before the lawyers get involved.

No comments: