Tuesday, February 01, 2005

macCompanion February 2005 articles

The February 2005 issue of macCompanion has now been released in PDF form. The feature article is my review of Steve Jobs' keynote at Macworld in January, which is different than the one I just posted here on the blog yesterday. Double your pleasure!

I also wrote a review of Entourage 2004. As did fellow macCompanion staffer Ted Bade. Although I was interested to read his opinion, both our reviews were cut up and spliced together into one long review. My remarks are in blue, but are completely out of order.

February 2005 - 2.8MB PDF (7-minute download for 56K dial-up users)

  • Watching the Keynote From the Basement – Page 19
  • Entourage 2004 version 11.1.0 – Page 61

2 comments:

Noah Brimhall said...

I liked your story and your review, but everytime I read macCompanion or visit the website I am just struck by the poor quality of the graphic design. I am not sure I agree witht he idea of publishing a PDF Mac magaizine, but if you are going to do it, spend some quality time on the layout and design. Your cover story was great, but included no pictures of the products you were writing about.

Eddie Hargreaves said...

I agree completely. As you might remember, it wasn't always PDF-only. The Web site was also updated. Unfortunately, due to various staff disagreements, a number of macCompanion (formerly MacNut) staffers left and there aren't a lot of folks left willing to put in that quality time.

I've been approached a few times to help out in more areas, but unfortunately do not have the time to even consider pitching in there.