Thursday, June 24, 2004

Even Better Than The Real Thing?

This is the first U2 tribute band I've seen and I was impressed. Not only did they sound quite good, but they played the extended concert versions of most of the songs they played. 'Bonalmost' even sounded like the real thing during the banter in between songs. Although I doubt the real Bono has ever passed out a clipboard for folks to write their e-mail addresses on.

The songs they played in their first set were:
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Gloria
New Year's Day
Angel of Harlem
Desire
The Unforgettable Fire
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Bad
Where The Streets Have No Name
When Love Comes To Town
With Or Without You

They'll be playing a number of shows in the Bay Area this summer, so maybe I'll catch their '90s set.

Zoo Station: The Complete U2 Experience

No comments: