Sunday, September 30, 2007

Transformers IMAX

After a big movie summer, there aren't a lot of good movies released in September. To be more blunt, it's been a real suckfest of a month at the theater. So in our desperation to see a movie, Megan and I saw Transformers again, but the IMAX version. Although I mostly enjoyed the movie originally, and I'm a big fan of the IMAX format, I was wary about spending $30+ on this combination. So imagine my surprise to discover that I actually enjoyed it more than the regular theatrical release. We both agreed that the battle sequences, which were often visually indecipherable in the regular version, were much clearer and enjoyable. And we noticed additional scenes were added. They were all quite brief (only a couple of minutes extra in total), but still fun. And the sound quality was (as always with IMAX) awesome. So if you're just as unexcited with the Sept.-Oct. movies, live near an IMAX theater and don't mind spending a little extra, check it out.

No comments: