Tuesday, August 30, 2005

The Elly Awards

Being involved in the production of "Man of La Mancha" at San Joaquin Delta College was reward enough. But I got a surprise today that made it even more rewarding. I was informed that I was nominated for a 2005 Elly Award. Sadly, I did not even know what the Elly Awards were. But I discovered they are put on by the Sacramento Area Regional Theatre Alliance (SARTA). And upon searching the PDF of the nominations I found myself in the Supporting Actor: Musical category. Other "Man of La Mancha" nominations in the musical category include:

  • Supporting Actress - Nicole Halberg
  • Lighting Design - John White
  • Set Design - John White
  • Overall Production
The Award Ceremony will be held Sunday, September 25th at the Crest Theatre in Sacramento. Dunno if I can go, since I'll have a performance earlier that day and tickets might not still be available. But like they say, it's an honor just to be nominated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You deserve to win that ! Congratulations on being nominated. Too bad we are leaving Sunday night, but you can call us and tell us what happened.